Eggs are largely present in my Ostara rituals and festivities. Each year I do an egg cleansing at Ostara before the main ritual and feasting. It helps rid my body of the slow and dull of winter and any negativity that has accumulated over the months. I also enjoy coloring eggs a few days before Ostara to decorate my altar. And of course, eggs are part of the Ostara feasting! Continuing on with last month’s brunch theme is this delicious broccoli and cheese quiche. You can jazz up the recipe with extra veggies like mushrooms and pepper if you like.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Onion, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic
- 2 Cups Frozen Broccoli
- 1 Unbaked Pie Crust
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/12 Cups Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the minced onions and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add the garlic and frozen broccoli. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, just until the chill is gone from the broccoli.
- Remove the vegetables and spoon into the pie crust. Sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheeses over the vegetables.
- Combine your eggs and milk then season with salt and pepper. Stir in the melted butter. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the center has set.
- You can use more or less garlic to taste. I enjoy a lot of garlic.
- I like my broccoli to have a nice crunch to it. If you would like softer broccoli in your quiche then use fresh broccoli over frozen. Cook till tender before spooning into the pie crust.