This dish is a favorite in my family because of how quick, cheap, and tasty it is. It is especially great this time of year because of its incorporation of asparagus, which is a known aphrodisiac. If you are looking to add a little lust to your life or current relationship(s) visualize your desires as you prepare this dish and serve it. Make sure that everyone who will be eating the dish is aware of your intent before hand.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high.
- Add the parsley, basil, and oregano, heat for 30-40 seconds. Add the garlic, salt, lemon juice, and wine into the butter mixture followed by the chicken.
- Cook and stir until the chicken is browned, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 more minutes.
- Add the asparagus; cook and stir until the asparagus is bright green and just starting to become tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes to let the mushrooms release their juice.
- Serve hot over rice or grain or your choice.